Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

This is odd….

bobcat ron ยท 2007-11-25 13:10

The CAT 247 that I am currently buying is made in the USA, ASV makes the undercarriage, also made in the USA, but my roller wheels say "Made in Canada", I am Canadian, should I be concerened? ointhead

Replies10
  1. #1Cat2007-11-25 17:25

    Take it back. Those Canadain people can't do anything right :beatsme :Banghead Just messing with you

  2. #2bobcat ron2007-11-25 17:41

    I wonder if I could find the manufacturer, and get the rollers for cheaper here, instead of going through Finning and they go through ASV? :drinkup

  3. #3Cat2007-11-25 17:49

    I'm sure you could get the rollers cheaper

  4. #4stumper1202007-11-25 17:50

    there are a few companies who make solid aluminum wheels and idlers. for that undercarrige.

  5. #5bobcat ron2007-11-25 17:53

    Thought about the aluminum rollers, but there is a heck of a lot of metal theft here, don't wanna wake up the next morning with the machine on blocks!

  6. #6digger242j2007-11-25 19:14

    Yeah. With the exchange rate being what it is, they're going to cost you more to replace than US made ones...

  7. #7farm_boy2007-11-25 19:31

    This is because the rubber components are made by Camoplast...and they are based in Quebec.

  8. #8Tigerotor77W2007-11-25 22:47

    For all ASV UCs? Or are there several subcontractors to ASV UCs? (And that's a neat piece of information... thanks!)

  9. #9farm_boy2007-11-26 01:23

    I can't be for sure on ALL components, but I know that Camoplast is the leading supplier for rubber undercarriage components for ASV, Cat, Agco, Case-IH and Deere.

  10. #10Tigerotor77W2007-11-26 09:08

    Ah, I see... thanks!