Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can anyone tell me how to find out what engine is in my forklift?

JTWAT ยท 2025-05-09 15:57

I am getting ready to service a newly purchased Clark GCX30 Forklift. I can't find any identifying information on the engine to tell me what is is. I would like to do a tune up and change the oil and filters. It is a propane unit. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1TD242025-05-09 16:10

    There should be a data plate/decal with make model, and serial number. Take a pic of that and post. We can go from there. Source of purchase has no info to share with you?

  2. #2TD242025-05-09 16:22

    Clark Forklift Trucks: Kroon-Oil specifies Asyntho 5W-30 for the 4G64 engine in Clark forklifts.

  3. #3JTWAT2025-05-12 02:10

    No, I'm servicing it for someone and they didn't get any information with it when they bought it.

  4. #4TD242025-05-12 09:51

    Have you seen it and can you touch it? Get ,on it, sit down, get off on the right hand side, turn around, squat down. Right in front of you, somewhere in a 10"down and 2 ft back left area will be the serial number. Cut in 3/4 to 1 in digits.

  5. #5JTWAT2025-05-17 17:59

    Thanks, I'll look for it.

  6. #6IceHole2025-05-17 20:33

    I have the 4G52? 54? (I forget now) in my Mitushitty. It gets 5w40 T6 like everything else, and it better not complain either. There's poor starving forklifts in Africa that would fight over Super Tech oil even.