From the Con rod casting number and the number stamped in the rod bearing halves, it looks like it's an F162. I've been messing with engines of one kind or another for way past fifty years, first time I've ever seen a con rod just come apart in the middle especially while just idling! Weird. Anyway, as long as we're this deep and the #1 rod bearing shows some copper, I figure to replace all four. They're marked .010 under FYI. My question is, when looking for parts, apparently for the six-cylinder versions they call out different rod bearings for the odd and even cylinders? I don't get it, so what about the flat fours? And the part numbers are the same on the web sites, either way? I think I'll stick to Dodge, Honda, Cummins, and Mitsubishi, mmmkay? Any help, folks? Aside from scrapping this antique? Naw, old Clarks are my second love, lol. Thanks, Lanway
On one side of the block; down near the bottom/just above the seam of oil pan connecting to block there will be a milled smooth area. The model of that engine will be stamped there. With that, any continental dealer with a 60 + year old employee can help you.
Post the serial number off data plate or RH side of the machine frame. I will try to get you a line card on it. Tell you all the components and their numbers. Can send it direct to me at: [email protected]