Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can anyone tell me the year of this D6C odd ROPS.

Toadman1969 ยท 2015-07-03 14:21
Replies16
  1. #1Toadman19692015-07-03 14:24

    Tube ROPS has me stumped on year.....looks like 140horse but? It says c140 but looks like a non factory painted add on.

  2. #2Toadman19692015-07-03 14:28
  3. #3chevota842015-07-03 15:43

    Serial #?

  4. #4Toadman19692015-07-03 17:07

    Just have pic right now.

  5. #5Toadman19692015-07-03 17:12

    If I had that I would have the answer

  6. #6chevota842015-07-03 17:48

    I figured it was a dumb question lol.

  7. #7chevota842015-07-03 17:50

    Mine is a 72 and it's all square tube but it's not cat brand rops.

  8. #8Toadman19692015-07-03 19:04

    No biggie.....just about to purchase it and need some more info..waiting on the serial numbers.....not sure if it is powershift etc. The round ROPS is what is throwing me...fairly rare on newer machines.

  9. #9chevota842015-07-03 19:10

    I'm looking at pictures on my phone but it looks like a powershift to me.

  10. #10Toadman19692015-07-03 19:44

    thought so as well

  11. #11wornout wrench2015-07-03 21:22

    I have my doubts if that is a certified ROPS, does not look to be built anywhere near heavy enought. I enlarged the picture the best that I could and i dont see enough gussets and such to make it strong enough. If it is a ROPS, it will have its own certification tag on it. That looks more like a home built FOPs to me (Falling Object Protection). As far as the C140 on the side of the machine, I would think that it is more of a machine designation number from the company that owned it before at some point, not the horse power. My mind has gone blank on where on the frame the serial number will be stamped, somebody will come up with the location, just give it some time

  12. #12lantraxco2015-07-03 22:28

    I always though CAT put them on the upper left corner of the rear housing, right where you can't see it with a winch installed? Could be wrong, I've managed to avoid dozers for the last twenty years

  13. #13wrwtexan2015-07-03 23:35

    My 6C 69J has a serial plate on the firewall/control panel down at the bottom right corner in from of the decelerator pedal.

  14. #14chevota842015-07-04 00:44

    I was trying to remember exactly where the one on my 10k was, it's eye level on the left side of the cab. I have a winch and an arch and I know it's easy to find but it's been 6 months since I've been on it lol.

  15. #15Rusted2015-07-04 20:04

    Looks like a homemade canopy, not a certified ROPS. As it's got a straight stack it's most likely an early C, probably a 76A as it looks to be powershift (no gear shifts visible on right side).

  16. #16lantraxco2015-07-05 02:23

    I passed on just outside of town here today, looks just like it, round pipe ROPS with sweeps. Might have to drive out and look it over....