Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can-Car C5D Tree Farmer w/Can-Car 20 Winch

Bowwie ยท 2015-04-26 21:23

Hello all : My first Post in heavyequipmentforums. re: Can-Car C5D Tree Farmer #5606170 re: Can-Car #20 Winch #04508 Where can I find a `New or re-man/rebuilt `- `Winch Control Valve`with handle ? Stamped marking on top cover is: 75 Z 116 See attached pictures of what came off the C5D Tree Farmer. NOTE: Concerning the Can-Car #20 Winch Is the Gearmatic #19 the same Winch or are their differences ? Where can repair parts for the Can-Car #20 Winch be obtained ?

Replies3
  1. #1lg junior2015-04-26 21:55

    Your picture and exploded view of the winch control appear to be Gearmatic. I just finished rebuilding one for a friend. I got the brake cups and other internal parts from a local auto parts store. I believe they were from an early 70's or late 60's GMC. You could try the factory in Oklahoma. Paccar now makes Gearmatic also several other brands of winches. What I also found was that a Carco 28 winch is the same as the Gearmatic 19. Paccars website is WWW.PACCARWINCH.COM Good luck.

  2. #2Bowwie2015-04-26 23:24

    Here is their reply to me about Can-Car 20 Winch being the same as Gearmatic 19 Winch below. Our Winches are CARCO, or Gearmatic Can-Car is not ours Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 10:54 PM To: Winchsales Subject: PACCAR Winch Contact Message PACCARWinch.com QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS Form You are receiving this message from the PACCAR Winch web site at http://www.paccarwinch.com/ .

  3. #3old-iron-habit2015-04-26 23:33

    Did not know there was a Can Car model 20. Now I got to go look at my Model 20. I have got parts from Gearmatic for it but it has been a few years. The Model 20 is fairly different than the Model 19. The 20 is a much easier winch to drag the cable out from to connect your chokers. In my opinion they enhanced the good features of the Model 19 and fixed the bad features. The winch control will interchange with the Model 19. The hydraulic controls appear the same for many years and we have interchanged them with no issues. They could be bought new from Oklahoma where stated in a post above. Was $600.00 ten years ago. Not sure how Paccar is doing it but Gearmatic always had a $75.00 minimum order so you my as well pick out some extra clutch seals and cups and cups for your control. They used to send you pdf's of the parts pages that you need for your winch and control to help you order parts.