I am working on a 623c waratah. i believe i have a top saw motor failing or something that controls it. Questions. 1) how do i stall the motor to test pressure and check case drain? 2) what is the stall psi for the top saw motor? 3) what is acceptable case drain? 4) what controls the top saw operating pressure, where? Please, Please help! TIO
I don't think there is a way to stall to motor and check pressure with the motor in the circuit. I would just cap and plug the hoses and check pressure that way. The top saw motor is run off a PVG100 valve section which should be non compensated so the carrier supply pressure will dictate the top saw motor pressure. There is a non adjustable line relief in the valve section. With case drain if you are getting a pressure stream out of the motor it's probably bad usually not more then a dribble on a good motor. Hope this helps it's all the book really says about the top saw motor.