Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can CAT D9R bulldozer be manufactured after 2010?

Le phan ยท 2025-02-22 21:42

Recently I was introduced a CAT D9r from a minning company in Indonesia and they the year of manufacture is 2012 and the other one is 2019. As I know that CAT stop manufacture D9R since 2005, so how can it be possible that there are D9R 2012 or 2019 ? need an advice on this matter. Many thanks serial WDM03356

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2025-02-22 22:25

    D9R manufacture in the US may have stopped around the 2005 time frame but D9R tractors continued to be manufactured outside the US, fitted with a mechanical-injection 3408C engine rather than a 3408E HEUI and a non-electronic transmission, for sale to less-developed countries where the lack of electronic systems was a benefit. Serial Number WDM03356 was built in June 2012. The last WDM-prefix machine was manufactured in February 2021.

  2. #2Le phan2025-02-22 23:10

    Thanks a lot Mr. Nige i had follow reading your sharing of knowledge in the Forum for 4 years already but this is the first time i post a question. Not only you knew about the technical of CAT machine but also knew about the taste of the market in here and yes in Vietnam Indonesia Philippines and some middle east countries mechanical injection engine was always more preferable . Do you know which country also manufacture d9r? I only knew that they do manufacture Cat d8r in thailand and Brazil and maybe japan beside of usa only. I wish for you always the best healthy.

  3. #3Nige2025-02-22 23:15

    I think the WDM-prefix D9R machines were manufactured in Brazil but I am not certain of that.