Came across this youtube channel in my travels. From Brazil, a dozer contracting business seems to be mostly into agricultural development. GP_ Cardoso Tratores E AÍ PESSOAL!! VENHO TRAZER UM POUCO AQUI SOBRE O NOSSO DIA A DIA DA EMPRESA O QUAL FAZERMOS LOCAÇÕES DE MÁQUINAS (TRATORES DE ESTEIRA) PARA PRESTAÇÃO DE SERVIÇOS FLORESTAIS E TERRAPLANGEM CONTAMOS COM 4 TRATORES SENDO ELES DAS MARCAS FIATALLIS E CATERPILLA 2- AD14CS 1- AD14C 1- D6C... www.youtube.com
I think it is a bit steeper then it looks. I like the counter rotation of the tracks. Poor steering clutch drums.
That looks pretty steep , any steeper and the dozer risks joining the bottom dozer in a hurry . Lot faster than using a gravity roller with a winch from the top . That may have been cleared once as those trees look young , never ending cycle on farms , mostly caused by Governments , is around theses parts any way .
They look to be pretty good operators but I found pulling like that uphill a waste of time. You barely lean the stuff over, while pulling downhill you pull it over way over 90 degrees and get a better result plus less wear and tear on the machines. It does take longer though so more $ if you are the one paying the bill. I would also agree this is just regrowth. Looks like it would be a never ending battle in that tropical area.
First thing I thought was why are they pulling up hill? I have never pulled a chain between 2 dozers though.
I think this one is more likely to be clearing of uncleared land, or it was cleared a long long time ago. There does not seem to be any big timber in it, but that may just be the way it naturally is. As you have probably guessed, I am a fan of people doing agricultural development. Seen too many properties, often inherited land just stagnate and turn decrepit.
It’s hard to be critical of these blokes when they obviously know these old tractors inside out and are still getting the job done despite very basic conditions. I particularly like this clip where they cut out the most damaged section of a bull gear and weld in a slightly better section of an older one.
I can see Queenslander is getting ideas on cheap fixes for his 14C.
I watched the video with the drag chain and I have to wonder what the objective is? It doesn't seem like much of the vegetation is being uprooted and I would guess a couple weeks or a month later the vegetation would be standing back up and continuing to grow. Do they come through with a brush head after this? It's not a common practice around me.
Its much the same as what I do with a roller . I follow up with a leaf burn . Thats enough to kill anything thats got ideas about living . It leaves a lot of material unburnt because the stems are still green , alright for cattle but not so good for sheep like that .
Yep, they certainly have some ideas that I’ve never considered before… better not throw those old final drive gears away. One clip shows them pushing into windrows with rakes similar to what we use, and another with them pulling a set of offset discs, so they must do a proper job on some of the country they pull.
Looks like where old dozers go to die.
You cannot buy those machines any more Mcrafty. They are all direct drive dozers.
Yeah I know. They are all old well worn and will not last for ever, my point was they weren't many newer pieces there.
Cost of newer machines may be prohibitive. I don't know.. I know even here in Australia I look at the prices people in the US pay for second hand machines and I get jealous. High quality excellent condition machines are so cheap in the US that many a company in Australia has now for thirty years or more bought them and imported them into Australia and done well out of it. Also those Fiat Allis machines they have are made in Brazil, so parts availability would still be good.