Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can extra hydraulics be added to a case loader????/

lenray ยท 2015-10-02 18:42

I have a Case W 14 Payloader--it is a 1975. There is one hyd. lever for the boom and one for the bucket. Can another unit be added so that I could run one two way hyd. cylinder. Also on these old Cases--are the hydraulics OPEN or ClOSED systems. MICHIGAN LEN

Replies7
  1. #1Jim D2015-10-02 23:36

    Open center directional control valves. Buy a W-14 with a third valve; it's much easer and cheaper...

  2. #2lantraxco2015-10-03 00:43

    Or use an electric 6 port diverter valve in the bucket lines.

  3. #3lenray2015-10-04 10:24

    Are you saying buy a complete different machine or get a unit from a salvage yard that has three valves.

  4. #4lenray2015-10-04 10:35

    I tried to google the --electric----is --electric the brand name or does it work with volt electricity from the batteries---confused here and not sure of what to buy and how to install...............

  5. #5lantraxco2015-10-04 15:58

    http://www.baileyhydraulics.com/product/9573 http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...UBLE-SELECTOR-VALVE-12VDC-P15438-1-9-7738.axd Not sure how much flow you have on that machine. Basically you push a button switch, shifts the oil from say the bucket curl function over to your third function. You can also use a toggle switch if you want. Takes some getting used to, I used a lot of them adding side shifts, grabs, and rotators to forklifts.

  6. #6Mike Van2015-10-07 05:33

    Len, I thought about adding a 3rd valve to my old Trojan, just to run a top clamp for logs with my forks. The easiest way I saw [have not done it yet] is to add a 12V pump, like a snowplow set up but for 2 way cylinder. It'd be an intermittent duty thing, 500.00 I guess, but much easier than tearing apart the existing valve set up. Just looking at the size of the hoses on my valve, I know I can't just plumb in a 3rd valve unless it's the same size without messing up the overall performance.

  7. #7Jim D2015-10-08 23:37

    If you only want limited (third valve) function (not simultaneous use), buy a four-way-six-port-two-position electric solenoid actuated valve, and put it in the bucket curl hydraulic circuit. Half inch port valves run a few hundred dollars. Three quarter inch valves run near a thousand dollars. If you can accept limited hydraulic flow and limited function, go for it...