I have done the piston rings and bigend bearings and a good hone at 20K hours . It had been burning a gallon of engine oil a day for the last 500 hours . The oil rings were bad so that was the problem . I got new needles and nozzles put on the injectors while I was at it . I was at it for 3 months on and off and I also had to do the rear diff . Put it going and it seemed smokey and said that will clear .100 hours of hard work later and no Improvement .It burned no oil . Checked air filter ,boost pressure, wastegate and slackened injector pipes one at a time wit no clearing of smoke at 1700rpm stall . I have no extra or loss of power doing a full stall test and from operating . Timing sounds good . Rang injector man who had no answers but I have always found his work very good . It is a deutz engine wit individual electronic controlled pumps and old type injectors just without a leak off line all bosch . Any ideas ?
We have a Cat asphalt roller that does that, but it is fuel smoke. Cat has never been able to cure it. It works as it should, and fuel consumption is no higher than normal.
What are the stall speeds you are seeing and your boost numbers? Did you install the injectors the right way? If installed 180 degrees off the will spray out of the bowl and smoke. Where did you get the nozzles and are you sure they are the correct ones?
I think it is stalling at 2130 ,did not put on a boost guage but the wastegate is set at 21psi and the rod is moving around 1/8 inch atfull throttle stall . I check the wastegate regularly because this machine had several turbo failures until I modified it . When working correctly that is all and when it ever moves . As for the injectors , I did not know 180 degrees would make a difference so maybe that is my problem . How will I know what way to turn them ? . I have good faith in the injector man but faith and certainty are not the same .
There is a dimple in the body 90 degrees from the flats the clamp slide into. The dimple goes toward the exhaust manifold.
Thanks for that Ben . I must check it out .
Turn the injectors 180 deg! I had this problem a few years back! Theres a flat side on the injectors and from memory it faces in to the clamp Aiden
Thanks Aiden . I had no time since but I had a look and I put the machined flat for the imaginary leak off line turned out or away from the exhaust manifold on all 6 . So I will turn the first chance .
Turned injectors Saturday . Left sealant on rocker cover cure and fired up thismorning . Even at full load it ran as clean as a VW on test day . Thanks for the help . Much appreciated