Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can I flare a ¾” hydraulic line ?

Pixie · 2014-08-23 18:12

A very long line on my Cat 307 got bent, badly. The line is the whole length of the boom. About 18-20 feet ? Can I cut it and put a flare and nut on it or do I need to replace the whole line ? Is there another repair that's less expensive than replacing the whole line ( but also effective..) Thanks for your help.

Replies6
  1. #1lumberjack2014-08-23 18:17

    Welding would be my first theory.

  2. #2Pixie2014-08-23 19:07

    Thanks. Ya, I see that the fitting is welded on the ends of the factory lines. I'm not that good a welder but maybe I can find someone.

  3. #3brianbulldozer2014-08-23 19:17

    I think this is what you're looking for: http://www.amazonsupply.com/dp/B008I59ZE6?ref_=sr_1_3_txt .

  4. #4kshansen2014-08-23 19:31

    Another option that may work is Aeroquip Versil-Flare fittings. Online I find them shown here: http://hosewarehouse.com/Hydraulic/Hydraulic-Aeroquip-Adapters/Hydraulic-Aeroquip-Adapters-Aeroquip-Versil-Flare-Flare-and-Flareless If you have a good Eaton/Aeroquip hose dealer near by check with them.

  5. #5kshansen2014-08-23 19:34

    That's another good option, silver solder or brazing one of those on. In a pinch I have modified another fitting to make my own one of those!

  6. #6Pixie2014-08-23 20:10

    Thanks Brian and kshansen ! I could probably handle brazing. I'm so glad to hear there are options !