Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can I get a decent 4wd case for around 13k in NJ ?

Jasond ยท 2014-01-18 18:52

I'm trying to find a 4wd case 580k in NJ for around 13k. All I'm finding on craigslist is junk for 14k. Is there another place I can look? Or is my budget to low?

Replies6
  1. #1nova4812014-01-18 19:42

    Hi Just saw this one on Craigslist http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/hvo/4288408126.html Ron

  2. #2Jasond2014-01-18 20:26
  3. #3powerjoke2014-01-18 23:37

    sometthing looks a little funky on the left frt tire. years ago i bought a 416C 4x4 ext hoe for 14k from a repo yard, they said it had 12k hrs, come to find out they read the digits wrong and it was only 12xx.x hours lol that was back when repos was easy to find tho.... pj

  4. #4mikebramel2014-01-19 12:49

    Yes you can buy them for that price. But why???? Pay $4-5,000 more and you will have $10-15,000 less in problems

  5. #5Delmer2014-01-19 12:56

    If I was looking for a deal, then that is exactly what I'd be looking for. Depending of course on what "really beat up" means in this case. But you can run into a lot worse than scratched paint, rust and worn buckets with an old backhoe, like that front tire maybe? I don't know what's available in your area, but I'd expect to wait a long time if before finding something so specific.

  6. #6John C.2014-01-19 13:46

    Prices for good used iron have come back up and seem to be rising a bit at this point. Finding any usable 4x4 backhoe for less than $20k right now might be a problem. If you have time, anything is possible.