Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580C, 207ci,location of sending units?

fishfighter ยท 2014-01-19 13:12

Still waiting on my shop/service manuals. I'm trying to reinvent the wheel by rewiring everything.:Banghead All the wiring is a mess and cracking. I don't know anything about this 207ci engine and I am trying to figure out which is which on the temp and oil probes/sending units and there locating's. I see one on the head, well just below that on the right side along with the air filter plug service probe. Then there is one on the other side of the block, center. I don't know if that is water or oil. Any help pointing what is what? I look all around the oil filter to see if there was a pressure probe and didn't see any. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1jackleg2014-01-19 14:06

    The wiring diagrams in the service manual are on larger fold out pages and are difficult to scan. I have here one from a 1976 Case 580C manual. There are "early" and "late" production diagrams (for 1976 I assume) There doesn't seem to be much difference between the two. This one is the "Late Production with Power shuttle". I tried to overlap the scans so you can print out and tape them together. I can email higher quality scans if you need them The air filter restriction sender is on the intake manifold The Coolant temp is on the head just below the rear bolt for the intake manifold. The oil Pressure is on the center of the engine block on the exhaust manifold side of the engine There are Online parts catalogs that can help find where things are located. Good luck w/ your project!

  2. #2fishfighter2014-01-19 20:10

    I want to thank you for your time. This will help me big time. Had kind of a ruff time this afternoon and things turn for the bad for me. Maybe by Wednesday, I can get back on working on the 580C. Thanks again.

  3. #3fishfighter2014-01-30 17:26

    Jackleg, thanks again. The service manual I got blows the big one. With the diagram you posted, I got 4 out of 5 gauges working. The ribbing card was shot and most wires I couldn't make out the color. Thanks again.