Any help would be much appreciated. We have a 544g loader that is used on our surrounding farms. It's been a great loader, but it's going up and down the road a lot. I see there is an optional front axle disconnect in the parts book. Just wondering what this would entail putting on the loader we have, if it can be done. All I see is the cable, but I am sure there is something that must go in the differential. Any help with anyone who has had experience with this would be great! Thanks!!
Welcome to HEF Swane ! Unfortunately the input quill for the axle would have to be replaced and that would entail and new ring gear and pinion $$$$ as well (if the parts are available??).
I assume that you're worried about diff windup. If you keep the tyre sizes within the limits that are in some SAE specification somewhere you shouldn't have problems. If you need more info on what the tolerances are please ask. I can't remember them off the top of my head but I know they are out there.