Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can I raise the platform on my Genie Scissor lift with a forklift?

15FoxRzr ยท 2023-07-09 16:51

My Genie Scissor Lift model GS-2668 RT serial GS6805-44399, right now the engine runs great but i have reason to belive someone put forign material in the hydraulic tank, most of the functions do not work ie: raise/lower. in order to remove the hydraulic tank i need to raise the platform about 10' to raise the safety arm. can i raise the platform with my forklift to get the safety arm up in place? any help is appriciated, Todd

Replies3
  1. #1skyking12023-07-09 16:57

    I've done that to replace a blown lift hose, but it could draw air. Maybe get the line cracked to admit air,

  2. #215FoxRzr2023-07-09 16:59

    Yes, Okay thank you so much. Todd

  3. #3cfherrman2023-07-11 21:48

    I've raised and lowered hydraulic cylinders with the power off by just pushing the lever on the correct way then using the temporary (like a jack) thing to move them, the lever lets fluid flow where it needs to be. I don't know how your genie works but I would have it on and commanded up and try to help it with the forklift going easy to see if something is binding. If no go cracking or straight removing the lines should do the trick just remember there is nothing to hold it.