Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can I switch rims on Gehl for snow chains

wecbob ยท 2013-12-04 06:34

/I have a Gehl skid loader 4840. I just bought a set of chains as we have a steep driveway. I discovered that the chains hit on the body of the skidloader. I really don't want to spend the money for spacers if I don't have to. A friend told me that his old farm boss just turned inside out the rims on his Mustang and gained about 2 inches of clearance. anyone have experience in this area? Will this work for mine? Thanks for any advice. gc

Replies1
  1. #1stovein2013-12-04 09:55

    It will put the valve stems on the inside but a lot of people do it. Depends a lot on the design of the rim and how flat it will sit on the hub reversed. If you get spacers e-bay is about the cheapest , they are all made in china anyhow.