Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Leaky oil line. What is it?

T200 ยท 2013-12-03 17:23

While replacing the fan belt and drive belt on my t200 I noticed the two oil lines that run and connect to the left of the starter seemed wet under the machine. Under further investigation I lifted the cab and found a wet line and a possible source for the problem. Question is, I have no idea what the part is. There is an oil line (motor oil) that runs up to what seems to be some sort of electronic valve and servo. Then up to what I believe is the hvac system under the seat. Does anyone know what that line goes to or is called? I believe the valve is the cause of the leak as the two mounting screws were missing allowing it to vibrate. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1siduramaxde2013-12-03 19:52

    The valve controls the amount of oil going into your HVAC system. The valve is controlled by the "hot/cold" knob in the cab

  2. #2siduramaxde2013-12-03 20:05

    I should add that since a T200 is oil cooled, oil is also the source of heat in the cab. So the line you see going into the HVAC system is the oil line that goes into your heater core. The valve simply controls the amount of oil going into the heater core so you can control cab temps.

  3. #3T2002013-12-03 21:48

    Thank you... I'm expecting an expensive part to repair... Seems to be the general consensus