Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can someone help me? (Tint and ToolBox)

mikesheldon ยท 2010-07-23 05:53

I have a 1997 Ford F-350. I got it about a year ago and have 20% tint on the two front windows and stock (20%) tint on the back windows. So 20% all the way around. I wanted to get some tint on my windshield and wanted to hear what everyone had to say. I want it to be dark enough during the day but I definitely want to be able to see at night with no problems. I was thinking either 30% or 35%. Which one of those do you all think would be best? And also I've been looking for a black tool box for my bed. Preferably a low profile box but anything will do. Anyone know where I should look? Thanks so much

Replies5
  1. #1randyjinla2010-07-23 10:15

    You may want to check with your state police and see if its legal to have the windshield tinted. Here in Alabama you can only tint the top 6 or 8 inches(down to the bottom of the rear view mirror).

  2. #2ScottAR2010-07-24 14:06

    In Arkansas, you can only tint 5 1/2" down the top and around 4 inches from the bottom on the front windshield. Check the FL law before doing this. Delta and Deezee make tool boxes in the black aluminum.

  3. #34x4ford2010-07-24 22:53

    its illegal here in nevada but i have 50% on the windshield in my delivery truck and no body notices

  4. #4tonka2010-07-25 09:03

    It is illegal, in ALL 50 states to have window tint on your front windshield covering the whole windshield. It is also illegal in all 50 states to have window tint on your front driver and passenger side windows... some states are more lieniant of this law than others, mind you... i have also heard the if you get a dr's not from you dermatoligist you can get tint on your side windows...

  5. #5kanewolf2010-07-25 09:46

    Here is a site which has concise info for all 50 states http://www.tintlaws.com/