Hello All, Can someone recognize the dump truck in this picture ?? Please let me know the model name and the manufacturer .. As an info, this capture belongs to a video showcasing the BYMO models in a toy show. The images are in PNG format. Please let me know the model and manufacturer name.. Regards San
My first impression of the front of the truck would be a WABCO, but I am not sure the model number, but I think it may be a 120. These later became Dresser branded. I could be wrong though.
San, That is a KW Dart DE2772 model by Dans models. They are resin and from Romania.
LC Thanks for getting it right. I was wrong, as I am prone to be at times, and glad you got the right answer.
Thanks Landclearer for your reply. I want to know is resin similar to plastic ?
The material is similar but the detail is very very good. The models will be very light and much better detail that die cast and way cheaper than brass.
Thanks for your info. But then why is the above model (KW Dart DE2772) priced so high ? I recently saw on a website, it was quoted at somewhere around $ 400+. The same observation goes for the EMD & OHS models too.
All the models you mentioned are hand built in small numbers. They are not mass produced by the thousands. I have bought several of Dans models in kit form and there are hundreds of pieces individually cast. There is so much labor involved not only to build each model but to make the maters before a single model is even sold.
I agree Landclearer.. Well, when we talk of brass and diecast, which models have more durability and detail level ? the brass ones or the diecast ones ?
My vote goes to brass.