Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

can’t find doors

skidrowe · 2008-07-23 20:58

I have a 1996 cat 426B backhoe ,the window frames that fit in the doors are so rusty that the windows are going to break if I don't do something very soon. I contacted every equip. salvage yard listed and no luck, tried Ebay for the last 6 months and came up with nothing. 1992-1996 cat backhoes 416-446 doors should fit , anybody have any info ? Thanks

Replies9
  1. #1equippartsdir2008-07-23 21:49

    skidrowe, PM or email the the Caterpillar Part Numbers for the items you are seeking and we'll research the availability of these items.

  2. #2Matt992024-01-04 18:19

    I have a 1993 426b s/n begins with 5yj and I need radiator it seems it’s split where the metal meets plastic in the crimp , there isn’t any repairing that is there

  3. #3Matt992024-01-04 18:20

    Yes the 416-426b models are same

  4. #4Nige2024-01-04 19:47

    The Part Number of the radiator for a 5YJ machine is 4P-3379. You may be able to find a used one in working condition, or an aftermarket replacement, by searching for that number. A quick look online seems to show plenty of options. That Part Number of radiator is used on 416B/426B/428B/436B/438B machines.

  5. #5edgephoto2024-01-05 00:11

    My 426 had rusty doors too. I could not find used ones and I did find one NOS one somewhere but the person wanted like $1500 for it and I could not bring myself to pay that. I ended up repairing them. Here are some pictures of the process.

  6. #6edgephoto2024-01-05 00:12
  7. #7edgephoto2024-01-05 00:13
  8. #8rumblecloud2024-01-05 08:33

    Dang!! You do really nice work.

  9. #9edgephoto2024-01-05 23:36

    Thanks! I can do better I cared that the body line was perfect, etc. I just wanted the cab water tight