Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can’t hook up hydr couplings from tractor to loader…HELP

ProudMarineDad ยท 2011-05-07 18:32

Not sure where this post belongs but here goes. I have a NH 1630 boomer tractor and a NH 7308 loader. I took the loader off the other day and now can only get 2 of the 4 hdr lines to hook up. I have moved the joystick to try and releive some pressure but its not working. This has happened before and i cant remember how to solve this problem. As GOD as my witness i will never take the loader off again. Thanks for any help..

Replies3
  1. #1willie592011-05-07 19:22

    I assume the loader has quick coupler hose connections?

  2. #2buggyman2011-05-07 19:29

    All right, the old trick is to just take the end of the hyd coupler ball and hit it on somethng. This pushes the ball into the coupler and a small amount of fluid will squirt out "DONT LET THS GET INTO YOUR EYES!, in your mouth just tastes BAD." this will allow you to hook up the couplers Have FUN )) Paul

  3. #3ProudMarineDad2011-05-09 17:44

    Thanks buggyman !!! I took a shop rag and wrapped it around the pin on the male end coupler and tapped with a rubber mallet(so as not to damage it) and fluid escaped along with the pressure. It the hooked up easy as can be. Thanks so much again.