Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case backhoe bucket ?

steve8 ยท 2011-05-06 16:14

I have an old 12" backhoe bucket that I believe goes back to a 580D Will that fit a 580SL? Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1JS580SL2011-05-06 16:50

    It will. The Old M I ran had the same style crap linkage as the D's and E's. The buckets are interchangable on all case hoes except for the new N's unless you have the sleeves.

  2. #2steve82011-05-06 17:49

    Excellent. I thought it would. Thanks for the info Jim. I may be put to work subbing out for the gas co next week?

  3. #3JS580SL2011-05-07 02:27

    Who you going to work for? Plate that bucket now before it goes out. One good season of main work and youd be amazed how quick those buckets get worn. The new case buckets are great for bailing in loose material, the deep buckets. Pain in the butt in sticky materials. Bucket gets clogged real quick. The gannon buckets are built well and the longer lip is nice strippin hot top and digging around/under other utilities. I have a geith bucket on the new machine, great except for the fact the ears and pin are wider then the sides of the bucket. I find it catching the edge of the hot top alot, especially when trying to shave the sides of the trench. The case and gannon buckets the ears are flush with the bucket. Depending on who you dig for you might need an 18inch. I pretty sure Nstar wants a 1ft bucket for everything. National Grid on the other hand wants an 18inch for 6and 8inch pipe so you have 6inch of sand around the whole pipe. Have some hooks welded on the front bucket to. You can get away fine with the one in the middle but having the extra two on the sides is nice. Most of the time we use the backhoes to move the pipe from the staging area. Having the side hooks helps. Otherwise you gotta use a longer strap to reach the center hook. I hope every thing works out well, good luck!