Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can the A/C condenser be moved to blow out radiator on SL?

69zfarmer ยท 2012-01-21 17:30

I have a series 1 580 SL with cab and air.I see alot of trash between the condenser coil and radiator.Can the coil be moved to get access to radiator?

Replies4
  1. #1alrman2012-01-21 20:21

    I find it easier on a 580SL to pull the radiator to do this job. Takes about 30min - leave bonnet on. Drain coolant ( into clean container & reuse) Remove hoses & shroud Remove mounting bolts down each side of radiator Lift/slide it out the top - one man job, standing with engine between your legs & one foot on each chassis rail :roll Not reccommended for old farts over 45! :roll

  2. #2melben2012-01-22 08:51

    Watch it alrman, old farts have to make a living too, lol Mel (67).

  3. #3willie592012-01-22 11:30

    Yep, I reckon that keeps me sitting on the bench with ya mel. Bah ha ha hahahaha

  4. #4trevor b2012-01-22 16:25

    now you tell me !!!! thank's a lot ha ha tb