Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can we identify this digger?

andrewsetch ยท 2016-03-06 09:34

Hi. I am hoping that you may help identify this old digger I have obtained. It works quite well but I do not think its what it says on the side.. if you can help then I would appreciate it. Here are the pictures.

Replies8
  1. #1DDoug2016-03-06 11:06

    Oh my god... I welded a thumb bracket on just the same mini. It was a very old, very abused tugachi, he said the Factory only had qty (2) in all of the u.s.a. The 2 boom cylinders is what's unique. I figured the cab was a stolen phone booth, but In seeing yours, it appears factory. (His was very beat up, missing all the glass as well)

  2. #2movindirt2016-03-06 13:21

    Looks like a ancestor of the Takeuchi tb68

  3. #3andrewsetch2016-03-06 13:41

    some more images thanks so much for the responses so far.. here are a few ore images that may just swing it..

  4. #4CM19952016-03-06 15:37

    Looks like a well built machine. I like the dual cylinders on the boom and blade.

  5. #5lantraxco2016-03-06 15:50

    Almost looks like a Nissan/Hanix but I don't recall them using dual boom cylinders, unless it's older than about 1980.

  6. #6DDoug2016-03-09 09:47

    Yes, the one I fixed the thumb on i drove for a bit. I was told it weighed around 8k, and it hauled o.k. on my 10k gooseneck, behind a 3/4 ton dodge. I was impressed in the lifting capacity over that blade...I could almost Lift a mafia block. IIRC it's stated capacity was just over 3k.

  7. #7Lil' Puss2016-04-13 04:08

    Looks like my Mitsubishi sheet metal.

  8. #8Bill Smith2016-05-08 08:11

    Just the configuration and style of the boom it looks identical to my Kubota