Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can you help me?

Sue Steed ยท 2015-04-22 03:09

I am trying to identify the year of a CAT Motor Grader. The numbers I got off it are 98ES 284 Series E Does anyone have access to a book with serial numbers That could help me with this?

Replies5
  1. #1.RC.2015-04-23 05:24

    None of those number mean anything... If the 98ES is actually supposed to be a 99E that it would be 1959 YOM. a picture would help...

  2. #2Sue Steed2015-04-23 08:04

    Thank you. As I look again, it looks like 99E5 284 series E Motor Grader

  3. #3Randy Krieg2015-04-26 09:55

    99E was the Product Identification Prefix for the Caterpillar 12E built from 1959 to 1965.

  4. #4.RC.2015-04-27 04:37

    A 99E 5284 is 1962..

  5. #5Scrub Puller2015-04-27 05:05

    Yair . . . Its good see Randy Krieg with a post, I haven't seen that name in quite a while. Cheers.