Good day. I just bought this mini excavator from a rental place. They sold it as a Yuchai model ME25. It has an Isuzu engine 3LD1 with a manufactured year code of November 1994. It has a Uchida-RexRoth pump Ap2D21LV1RS6. Looks like a variable main with 2 gear pumps tandem mounted. I have contacted the Yauchai people who claim they never made a ME25 model. From what I can find it might be an early Hitachi but I can't find a picture of a similar machine. There should be a data plate somewhere but so far all I have found is a number of serial numbers stamped into the main boom mount. I would like to have the parts and service manuals but it's kind of hard when you don't know what make and model you are looking for. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bob in NL.
Mate looks a bit like a Mitsubishi excavator to me
All I can say is the undercarriage shure looks Takeuchi to me.The house too. How's it run/work?
AirBornOne...Thanks for the lead. For a 94 she runs pretty good. The rental company stopped renting it because she's a bit quick/jerky on the boom and swing. You have to be real carefull when digging close to things you don't want to smash into! A 3 tone hoe with jerky hydraulics and weekend operators could make for some sleepless nights for a rental company owner. I know they stopped renting it last fall , or even earlier, so the hours are low for an old machine. It says 450hr. on the clock but by judging the wear it might be those 200 minuite hours. She has a varible pump joysticks and working glowplugs. Compared to my 1976 JD2020 with a single gear pump and manual valves this is a dream machine. I'll start looking for some info on Takeuchi and see where that takes me. Here is a picture of the operators seat. Might spark some memories for someone. Bob
Look at the shape of the house in this Takeuchi pamphlet. I dunno,maybe it's a generic cab enclosure from an OEM supplier. And look at the undercarriage on this TB016,specially the backfill blade. I certainly don't know alot of machines but there certainly a familiarity here. HTH J
If she isn't some of the parts are the same. Mine has a clamp down mechanisim behind the engine which will allow the whole cab to tilt forward. Since searching for Takeuchi pictures I found one that looks similar in the cab tilt function. This is how mine should tilt but after working at it a for couple of hours today I can't figure how to tilt the cab. I removed several large hold down bolts and tried with prybars but the cab won't budge. She has a couple of heavy gas pistons about 1in round by 18 in long that would help tip the cab but there has to be something else I need to do to get the cab up. Even though she looks like a Takeuchi there are several items that are not the same. The closest I have found is a Hitachi which has similar undercarrige and almost identical cab. The only diference in the right side is the battery box which is in front of the fuel tank on my machine is missing on the Hitachi. The only good thing is she is running now and I don't have to know what make and model to find parts....But I know that day will come. It's just a matter of how many buckets I can dig before it becomes critical. Later Bob
I second that. ME25=Mitsubishi excavator 2.5t?
I think it's a legitimate Yuchai mini. They are a Chinese OEM that takes a little of everything from the other OEMs.
Digdeep, I'm kind of getting that feeling . It might be a valid Yuchai built back in 94 when the Chinese were copying everyone. It seems to have the Hitachi cab mated to the Takeuchi frame. I know it has a 30 hp Isusu diesel from the id plate on the valve cover. It also has a Uchadi-RexRoth pump with Hydro Control joysticks. I contacted Yuachi and they claim they never made a ME25 model but then the only place I see ME25 is from the decals the rental company stuck on the machine themselves. They could have called it anything they wanted because there's no id plate anywhere I can find. I don't mind working on this as I have rebuilt other pieces of equipment over the years. However it would be nice to know the make and model to get the proper service manual or at least be able to ask intelligent questions. For example I would love to know how to tilt the cab forward. Also I would love to know the pressure settings on the pilot system and pumps. A hydraulic schematic for the system would be awsome but figuring it out on my own might be my only option... The weather is getting warmer here in Newfoundland so I should be able to do a little more poking around with her during the coming weeks. Thanks Bob
mate i am good mate's with my local Yuchai dealer here in china and i showed him the pic's he said no way that is there machine for that age. they did not have that controller set up back then. and also Yuchai where not making that size excavator then. have you seen the set up on there newest models? surly you can see the difference as they have not changed too much in there cabbins since they first started making that size machine. Also the Yunchai dealer told me they did not have swing booms back then on any of there machines.
I'm a mechanic, and I'm a bit leery of that machine from viewing this thread. But then, that doesn't make it a bad or non-desirable machine. Only thing I ask, if you got it from a rental company, did you bother asking them just who they've been ordering parts from? If they can't offer a parts connection, I'd be just a little unhappy.
Thanks JGS and Wille59. I don't think its a Yuchai but the rental company I bought it from has a dozen other smaller Yuchai machines (yc18) and they told me they are the dealers here on the island for Yuchai. Just after I bought the machine I bought a set of bucket teeth which they had in stock. The bucket on my machine is similar the the buckets on their smaller Yuchai machines making me think it could be Yuchai. The various gas cylinders and hydraulic oil filter all have tags with chinese writing so I'm assuming It's Chinese (or Japanese.. or Korean.. or Russian..) I just got a quote for bucket and boom bushings and pins from this dealer. Bushes $90 each. Pins $100-$150. spacer washers $28 each. I would prefer factory bushings but I do have 2 metal lathes and 30 years experience. The engine has a valid ISUZU tag on the valve cover. I read the date code as bb/je which should equate to Nov 1994.Hence I am assuming it's a 1994 vintage but they could have have stored the pump/engine assembly for years before building the excavator.. The good news is the engine/pump assembly is ISUZU/Uchadi-Rexroth which gives me somewhere to get parts and info. Without a book I have questions about some of the items in the picture below. The cab latch is located behind the blue pump. It is activated by pushing the square lever with roller above it to the right. I assume the square rod continues across to another right side latch behind the engine. I press it over but now what? Removing large floor bolts and prybars .. no joy? The red filter on the left has what appears to be a silver pressure regulator valve plumbed to it with an adjustment screw on the bottom. Looks like it's the joystick pilot regulator. I will verify this by tracing the hoses once I get the cab up, but what pressure should it be set to? I do have jerky boom and swing. If this is plumbed to the variable displacement pump it could be the pump regulator broken/sticking etc. or sticking main spool valves, or an open flow valve etc??? Any ideas or help are greatly welcomed. Thanks Bob
Just an update on my search for the id of this machine. I have obtained a Takeuchi 025-30-35 service manual which is similar but not this machine. I did manage to discover how to tilt the cab forward with the use of prybars but I think there should be some sort of screw jack tool which bolts on to the right rear of the cab. The main hydraulic valve assembly is a HUSCO (USA) with 7 pilot activated valves. I think it is a 5000 series so that shouldn't be a problem down the road. The swing motor is a NACHI 18b which I can't find any info on. The NACHI site has a 6 page PDF but it dosen't give much information. The swivel assembly is a DONG model WY#-5h2LJ. I have not been able to find any info on this anywhere. Only hope is I don't have any major problems.
i am only aware of takeuchi who were the only ones that had a tilting cab
Thanks for the reply.. I made a jack screw out of 3/4 threaded rod which makes tilting the cab a lot eaiser. One of the gas springs has lost its charge which is why I had a hard time getting it to tilt the first time. I traced most of the hydraulic lines today but I am confused with the third valve on the floor. The hoe has piping for an aux ram which is plugged at the dipper stick. One side of the valve is plumbed into the pilot port of the aux main valve but the other side of the floor valve goes to the swivel. Where it goes from there is anybody's guess. I'm hoping it is a drive to the high speed of the travel motors. If this is the case the third floor valve would be used to power the aux when pressed back and when pressed forward would activate high speed travel. ...... Or not???? I wish I knew what make and model it is.
On my Takeuchi TB25, the third lever switched from dipper swing, to hammer. So when you are are using the hammer, to have to just rotate the house. on the left hand side, I have a round pedal that engages the second speed. (You hold it down, and you are in travel speed.) On the newer machines, the second speed is in the right hand stick I believe. NACHI is also the company that makes the travel motors, their support is about nil, so good luck with that. I would have said that machine was a takeuchi, but the isuzu engine kinda throws me off (Taks use Yanmar as far as I know) .....But as far as I can see, its more tak, than not.
has any one identified this machine yet. I have the same machine with model me 25 . and I cant find any type of info
The ME25 designation says it's a M itsubishi E xcavator, 2.5 ton. I suspect it was one of the models adopted by Caterpillar just before they took them over.
Hello... I have the same excavator... This is GEHLMAX MB288 Those are chinese excavators... For US market they was painted in yellow color. For the european market, they was assembled in germany and painted in red color...
And this is a picture ,when it was in its original color...
In America this is a yuchai wy 2.5 there is a manual online