Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can you identify these parts?

Provenca59 ยท 2016-12-27 21:37

What are these? Spoken to multiple tractor manufacturers and industrial equipment companies. Nobody knows what they are.

Replies7
  1. #1Delmer2016-12-27 22:46

    No, and I couldn't the other two posts either. If there's no number or id at all on them, the best thing to do is take a picture of one from different angles on a neutral background and do some image searches.

  2. #2willie592016-12-27 22:59

    Thanks for the tip Delmer, I had not seen these threads yet. Provenca59, please don't start duplicate threads about the same topic. In this case, I closed one of your threads about this and redirected members here because members have responded to the thread. The other thread you started about this same topic I simply moved from the forum because no one had responded. Let this question/inquiry lay at this thread. If know one can answer the question then lets consider the reality that no one knows the answer. Starting more threads asking the same question likely won't change that result.

  3. #3Plongson2016-12-30 10:06

    Ummm, maybe they're not tractor parts. What made you think they are?? Could be the center housing from a Centramatic Hosa-schmosa. Virtually worthless though they are quite rare.

  4. #4Provenca592016-12-30 10:29

    After searching online I think they may be brake shoes for a crane. They came in a lot of industrial equipment that include a lot of crane parts, etc.

  5. #5Delmer2016-12-30 11:28

    Sure could be. I'm surprised there's no numbers on them at all. The other thing to do is match up the paint color, that seems a distinct shade of green, and not JD on my screen. Scrape one or two to see if there's a different paint color underneath.

  6. #6kshansen2016-12-30 11:42

    One other hint, or two. If there are more than one size, take a picture of just one of each size in a separate picture and include say a ruler to give a good idea of the size. I mean I have no idea if they are 3 inches wide or 3 feet wide!

  7. #7Tinkerer2016-12-31 08:33

    They do look like brake shoes for a friction crane, But in your opening post in the first (closed) thread you said that they appeared to have some kind of rubber coating. If they do they are not brake shoes from any kind of crane I was ever around.