Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can you identify these quick couplers?

joshs ยท 2010-10-25 16:39

The Cat 436b I just bought has these quick couplers on it. Anyone know what type they are? The front has between 20 1/2" and 24 1/2" on the top pins and about 20" oc between top and bottom pins. Top pins are about 2 3/8" and bottom are 1 7/8". The backhoe bucket coupler is about 10 1/2" wide with about 12" from the top of the hole in the bucket to the pin attachment point.

Replies6
  1. #1tharepairguy2010-10-25 19:36

    that bucket for the hoe looks a lot like my wain roy. It has wain roy letters welded on both sides...

  2. #2joshs2010-10-25 19:48

    On mine, the rear bucket and the front coupler have a plate welded on with a 'B' cut into it. The rear coupler has no markings at all.

  3. #3tharepairguy2010-10-25 20:16

    Here are a couple pics if this helps. I have a 580 Super E so i cant help you with the specs...

  4. #4joshs2010-10-25 20:19

    That sure looks the same. Thanks.

  5. #5joshs2010-10-27 18:31

    Well, I think I found a set of forks that will fit the coupler. They said it is a Cat IT18 coupler like would be on a IT18 payloader.

  6. #6Lee-online2010-10-27 18:44

    The front looks like a Balderson coupler. Baldersons were put on a lot of cat equipment.