Hi I'm looking to buy a loader and I ran across this backhoe minus the backhoe .... The owner says it's an international international backhoe with a 4 cylinder diesel , clutch tranny and shuttle shift .... I Mainly need a machine with a loader and he claims it works well .... It almost looks like it had lift arms and a to cover in back .... It would be nice if it could be added but I'll be happy if it just loads and operates well as is.... Based on looking at the pictures could anybody tell me what international backhoe this is and if it's possible to add a pro and lift arms ? also for hauling purposes any guess on weight ? the owner did not seem to know alot about it .... Thanks! Andrew
It looks like a 1987 Corvette
Maybe a IH 260A skip loader.
My Dad has one similar. It's basically an IH tractor that they added the attachments to. The "lift arms" you refer to are just links to hold the hoe assembly on. It slides in the lower and then you tilt the assembly up an attch those arms. I had to take his off when I split it to put in a new clutch. It did okay but if you are used to running a modern one with digging power, you have to really work it to get stuff done. We never could get the brake issue fixed on his. Without weight on the back you aren't going to be lifting alot before it pulls the rear wheels or spins out. The bucket assembly was well built and heavy. Since it was based on a standard IH tractor, we could still get parts for when I worked on it but that was 20 years ago.
Thanks...