Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580c stablizer control valve.

D.Manuel ยท 2024-03-18 01:16

Recently picked up 580c backhoe. Trying to fix a hydraulic leak. Seems I traced it to the stablizer control valve. Was looking for online support on how to overhaul with no luck. Was also looking for a repair kit also with no like. Any input on this ?

Replies5
  1. #1Vetech632024-03-18 08:02

    Every fitting and valve will have orings on them. Replace each one.....you should be able to get orings matched up locally. The spools will have orings just inside the internal bore so the spools will have to be removed. Make sure you mark each spool, so you get it installed in its correct bore and direction.

  2. #2stinky642024-03-18 10:55

    Can probably source o-rings from Napa or someplace that has Parker parts. When I rebuilt mine used random Parker kits used to reseal spool valves on feed trucks where I worked. May still have spare kit in shop, check when I wander down to the shop later, get the #.

  3. #3D.Manuel2024-03-19 05:51

    Should I attempt to rebuild it on the machine or should I take of the control valve and bench rebuild.

  4. #4stinky642024-03-19 15:45

    Had no luck finding Parker pack, take valve off for sure, easier to inspect and get stuff clean when doing rebuild. IMO.

  5. #5Leakguy2024-03-29 14:32

    I just did some of them last fall for the same reason, leaks. The swing cylinders will be in the way if you don't swing it out of the way, depending on which side your working on. The o- ring part numbers are in the service manual. Some of them cross reference to New Holland numbers some are Case. Not to hard to do really.