Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can you identify this excavator?

Davo_SSV ยท 2014-08-06 23:14

Can anyone help me identify this excavator? It's obviously a Mitsubishi but what model is it (is it 6D15C), what ton size is it? When was it made? Any idea on what it would be worth to sell? It's been parked in a paddock and not used for 15+ years. I started it about 4 years ago and everything still worked but it's obviously in a very poor condition.

Replies7
  1. #1Deere500a2014-08-06 23:31

    Looks like a 240 . Looking on the net the 1985 Cat 240 version had a Mitsubishi 6D15t engine. Weight 25000kg

  2. #2Davo_SSV2014-08-07 03:02

    Cheers mate just done a bit of a search on that. Looks like that's what it could be

  3. #3lantraxco2014-08-07 03:36

    I'm going to say MS-230, the hood's too high for a 240 I think.

  4. #4Davo_SSV2014-08-07 06:35

    I just looked that up. That looks more like it. I think you've got it spot on. Any idea of the year?

  5. #5CM19952014-08-07 06:40

    Welcome to the Forums Davo_SSV!:drinkup

  6. #6lantraxco2014-08-07 14:33

    Okay, after a bit more googling, I would lean toward this machine actually being an MS180 or a 180-2, seems to be a better match, although there seems to be some controversy over which engine these actually came with. Anyway, that's my best guess, and probably 1983 or 84?

  7. #7goneinsane2014-08-07 15:01

    This is a Mitsubishi MS-230.