The right track brake sets up while tracking (either direction) after oil warms up. I have had the Cat mechanic test pressure of the brake valve on the track motor. The pressure drops from 4000psi to 150 psi and of course the brake sets up. If I let up on the left track lever and push again on both levers the brake releases and will track for a short distance and then set up again. The Cat mechanic has torn the brake valve apart and found nothing obviously wrong. I keep saying rotary valve but he and the other Cat shop mechanics want to take the motor off and send it off for testing. I can't understand why the motor would cause the pressure drop when it is working fine otherwise. Any ideas?:Banghead
Brake problem Sounds like a rotary valve (swivel) to me. Especially if it hasn't been re-sealed in a long time. I would try that before messing with the travel motor.
I would lean more toward the swivel seals before a motor issue.
Thanks, for reinforcing my thoughts.
Thanks, I will go into it and see.
I would test pressure at both track motors before you go into swivel, brake pressure splits after swivel,