Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can you identify this part?

BrandonTheBuilder · 2022-04-16 06:09

Hi, My mechanic gave me this piece-- he said its part of the release value for the hydraulic motor. Now because of it, when I stop the machine, one track still moves very slowly. I want to determine the part as he described its only a piece of a larger assembly. Thanks D4C Series III Serial: 6BS00315

Replies24
  1. #1Mcrafty12022-04-16 06:54

    I can't help with the ID....but it looks important, what does it come from? Never mind, I see you stated the info in the op, my bad.

  2. #2Nige2022-04-16 11:03

    Can you post a photo of exactly where he removed that broken piece from.? It appears as though it might have come from the head end of one of the hydraulic drive motors.

  3. #3John C.2022-04-17 11:33

    From your description one can only assume that your machine has a hystat transmission. Is that correct?

  4. #4Tones2022-04-17 17:36

    Did D4c have hystat trans?

  5. #5Cmark2022-04-17 17:59

    Looks like maybe the end off one of your speed sensing or underspeed valves.

  6. #6Nige2022-04-17 18:09

    My thought was the sleeve (item 21) in the 142-1375 head in one of the drive motors, but it's all speculation until the OP tells us exactly where the piece in the photo was found.

  7. #7BrandonTheBuilder2022-04-18 04:10

    Yes it does

  8. #8BrandonTheBuilder2022-04-18 04:12

    I will try to get more information-- they have put it back together. But from what I remember them describing, I think you are correct that it came from the head end of the hydraulic motor.

  9. #9BrandonTheBuilder2022-04-18 04:13

    This image is very helpful, thank you very much.

  10. #10BrandonTheBuilder2022-04-18 04:13

    This image is very helpful, thank you very much. I will look into it.

  11. #11BrandonTheBuilder2022-04-18 04:34

    Hi Nige, please the mechanic says that there is a cable that goes from the lever that engages and disengages the hydrostat- to where this piece is on the hydrostat. So essentially this piece is a valve that controls the on and off drive train power. Right now I have another one in that is slightly faulty so it cause one track to slightly move when in the off position.

  12. #12Nige2022-04-18 15:21

    A photo would explain it better. Preferably one taken from a couple of feet away so that it's obvious what we're looking at. If someone's finger is pointing to the offending part so much the better.

  13. #13BrandonTheBuilder2022-04-19 07:46

    Hi, Mechanics came out this morning. I had them pull the part. Here it is: Here is the general location on diagram.

  14. #14Nige2022-04-19 10:35

    That confirms CMark’s theory of the underspeed valve. See post #6 above. The unfortunate fact is that the broken part is not serviced because it is part of the valve body. The only solution is a new valve - P/N 186-6591

  15. #15BrandonTheBuilder2022-04-19 12:44

    Thank you very much-- Yes this is it.

  16. #16BrandonTheBuilder2022-04-19 12:48

    Thank you so much!!!

  17. #17BrandonTheBuilder2022-04-26 22:41

    Can anyone help me look up the price options for this component-- CAT or Aftermarket?

  18. #18Nige2022-04-26 22:57

    There will be no aftermarket for something like that. The options are either new or used. There are a couple on Machinery Trader but both are "call for Price" https://www.machinerytrader.com/parts/search?SearchType=Start&PartNumber=1866591

  19. #19Nige2022-04-27 10:17

    Came up with two prices. 1. Location Holland. New OEM part - boxed. Price 1650 Euro. 2. Location FL USA. New OEM part - boxed. Price US$1485.

  20. #20BrandonTheBuilder2022-05-01 20:39

    Thank you very much.

  21. #21BrandonTheBuilder2022-05-01 20:43

    Please can you help me verify the Part numbers for my Hydraulic Seal Kit replacements. Cylinder Arms (5): P/N: 246-5914 Track Adjuster (2): P/N: 904405

  22. #22Btad2022-05-01 23:26

    Stupid question I know but could a machine shop make one or weld it

  23. #23Nige2022-05-01 23:51

    Cylinder Kits 9J-8698 Angling Cyl - 246-5914 kit 9J-8674 Tilt Cyl - 246-5914 kit. 7J-9223 Lift Cyl - 246-5914 kit 143-7219 Tilt Cyl - 246-5917 kit 141-2915 Lift Cyl - 246-5917 kit Track Adjusters have no seal kit. You need 1 off each per adjuster - 6S-8797 Bearing, 119-5778 U-Cup Seal, & 167-2452 Wiper Seal.

  24. #24BrandonTheBuilder2022-05-02 05:24

    Nige, Thank you so much for the continual support!