The procedure in the service manual includes removing the hood, which I’d rather avoid. It looks pretty straight forward. Mine has a pinhole leak in the top tank. It has a Clancy replacement radiator with brass tanks. My machine has AC.
At the dealer we just remove the hood, 2 struts, a strap and 2 bolts, plus it's a good time to unseize the hood. The hardnose won't move forward if the struts are not removed. It's pretty tight and you run the risk of bumping the rad on the fan plus it's just a pain in the butt. Remove the hardnose bolts gives you extra wiggle room if it's moved forward.
Thanks gggraham. What do you mean by "hardnose"? I removed the hood winter before last to address some surface rust and it wasn't too bad. It's at my farm now and removing it will mean loading the machine on a trailer and taking it to my shop. If I could pull the radiator without removing the hood, I could do it in the field.