Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can you switch a 90XT from standard to high flow?

Warning ยท 2015-08-02 00:01

Just like stated... Have a 01 90XT, could've sworn I've heard you can make it a high flow but can't find anything out. Wanting to run a high flow brush cutter. Thoughts?

Replies5
  1. #1lantraxco2015-08-02 00:15

    The brochure shows two options for high flow/high pressure hydraulics, so I would say yes. There's either a kit or lots and lots of little pieces. Anything can be a done with a torch, a welder, and a credit card.

  2. #2Warning2015-08-02 01:04

    I guess I should rephrase that...is it as simple as swamping pumps, running new lines and wiring up a switch? Or even cost affective to do?

  3. #3lantraxco2015-08-02 02:24

    For the standard pressure high flow, perusing the parts book it looks like a completely separate system, gear pump mounts on the back side of the engine gear housing, electric control valve, new lines, even a drain line back to tank for the attachments with motors that require it. From Case the gear pump, drive gear, and valve assembly alone are a hair over three grand... If you want the 5,000 psi piston pump setup it looks like that drives off the front of the crankshaft. There are a slew of 90XT's on the dismantlers list at Machinery Trader, might be able to buy the whole kit takeout at a reasonable price: http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/dismantledsearch.aspx?ETID=3&Manu=CASE&Mdltxt=90+XT&mdlx=exact

  4. #4clintm2015-08-02 08:07

    they came with a high flow option and a hydrostatic high flow option like lantraxco said with a pump mounted on the end of the crankshaft. you would be better off to find one with high flow already on it from factory they are out their and normally about the same money as a standard machine

  5. #5KSSS2015-08-09 21:26

    The 1800 series machines you could field add High Flow. After that it has been a factory addition only during the time of build (not to say you couldn't make it happen with enough time and money). I agree, I would look for a used high flow unit and buy it.