new to forum so to everyone here hello. am intersted in working in excavaton field live in mass. have excavators license just not a lot of experience dont know how to go about getting in to field any help greatly appreciated.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!!:drinkup Thanks for joining us!:thumbsup
Howdy and welcome . Not sure about how things work in your part of the world , but maybe just start sending out resumes to all the local companies in your area . Let them know you are interested in learning and willing to do anything . When I first started out , I went to a heavy equipment school and ended up graduating at the top of my class , and all this got me was a oppurtunity to be on the ground with a shovel and rake in my hand . No joke . :crying Back then work wasn't as plentyful around here , so I had to take every second the machines were stopped ( coffee, lunch breaks and after work ) to jump on and practice what I was watching all day long . After a long time just shy of forever ( when you're full of vinegar , even a couple of months goes by like molasses in the Yukon winter ) , they moved me from the ground to a semi permanent seat . Still many days of slogging a shovel , but as I became more experienced it payed for me to be on equipment more . Anyway , some key things most employers are looking for , even if you lack experience , is having a positive attitude and having a will to learn . If you have a particular company you want to work for , show some initative and flog them with resumes and followup calls . Prove to them you are hungry and motivated . Good luck