it is not too often that you run across this everyday. yes sometimes you see them from time to time. it is a beautiful thing!
Go girl..sometimes I think the ladies have a better temperament for the machine work. I hope she told the goofer to get his feet the hell away from her tracks while she was operating....just a pet hate of mine people standing next to your tracks:nono
What you don't see is in the next pic where she spins around and takes his head clean off.
I can't say that i havent seen a woman running equipment but they useually look like guys with boobs ,lol nothing as nice as that. Are we sure she was not like the engineer or some one in the office ?
I hear in the oil sand regions in Alberta the female mining truck operators consistently have less downtime, higher machine reliability and lower operating cost per hour than their male counterparts... seems they exercise a bit more care and caution and don't pick up as many bad habits as do the guys... cabs probably smell better too
that is just too funny but very true i have also heard that woman are sometimes and in some cases better than men...... that was really hard for me to say
Is that machine an excavator or is it rock drilling or something??
It's a machine from RTG Rammtechnik GMBH. Looks like they make drills, pilers... vibrators (now go easy on that guys ) http://www.rtg-rammtechnik.de/en/index.htm
No Comment
for got that i had these hope these pics are not pushing the envelope
From the Forum Rules: Since they're wearing hardhats, I guess that's professional enough, but if they were to take their hardhats, or any of their other clothes, off that'd be outside the envelope. So, yeah, it's pushing the envelope...
Iron candy at Conexpo I think she's phoning around to see if anyone found the blondes denim jacket...
I was told women make good excavator operators because they do have a finer touch. I have also heard that there are quite a few women working in the oil fields driving haul trucks etc. As for that guy standing that close to the excavator while its being operated is just stupid all it takes is one slip on the travel pedals or the swing and the guy is hurt. The woman running the excavator isn't bad looking :yup
ONe time we were short on people to snow plow at walmart. So my wife who works in the office decided she wanted to help. I gave here a lot out in the back forty to plow with a p/u and 9' plow. She has never plowed snow in her life. To my amazement when i went out back I couldnt believe my eyes! Honestly it was absolutely perfect not a windrow or messy spot to be found. That was my first experience that women are more careful and do a neater job. :yup
My 19 year old sister cab run my bobcat and keep up with the boys pushing snow. Grading needs a little help, but thats mostly do to a lack of experience. She also can cut the straightest line of any of my guys with the ZTR mowers. Also handle a string trimmer better than most.
Is she hot?
All the women ive ever seen in the construction/operating/trucking field were ones that i wouldnt even want to touch with a 10' pole, you would think they were a man if you saw them from behind
Agreed.
Worked with a few women and yes most look like men ,One I was working with actually was quite hot,blonde,fit curvy body,brain capacity of dog crap though..... anyways after awhile I put 2 and 2 together and realized she wasn't put on the gear for her operating ability :wink2 On the other hand I've had a few close calls backing up a dozer and catching a glimpse of a few female junior engineers in my mirror.
What is wrong with butchy looking women :bouncegri Some of the traffic controll women we have around here can be pretty butchy but some of them look pretty good especially in the summer time wearing short shorts and tight T shirt :yup
Or bikini tops..........:bouncegri
Theres something to be said about butchy looking women............just not sure what.
When I ran a drilling like that it was common to have guys stand that close you don't swing much. As for women I agree generally speaking they are "better" i.e. less hot roding and smother, but there are a lot fewer and I would bet the ones than can hack it are damn good. There is at least on good looking gal on every job, in the site trailer and there is a reason they want to work around us and it ain't because they enjoy it.
Aticson,over in Seattle had a great looking D-8 operator on the 405-S turn job.She was very good on the blade.The dot also has a very hot inspector in the Rentin area.I think the flagging award has to go to Santana const.
Once ran across this gorgeous stripper who was an operating engineer.Quizzed her on some stuff--she was for real OK,her boobs weren't though.There also used to be this other one who drove a concrete truck for our local concrete company.Matter of fact,before I knew she stripped,she delivered concrete to my job,she had a real deft touch-smooth as silk,much better than most guys.{I'm talking her concrete placement skills here.}
I know a concrete product company in my area that gets a LOT of business just because of the woman salesperson they have. I know we get all our manholes and CB's from her :thumbsup They are a good company, and really do a good job to take care of us, but i know its not the only reason so many use them.
Same with forklift operators in warehouse rack loading. They take it a little easier and put the whole pallet of vinegar on the 24th foot bay intact. They see a drop of oil on the return cycle; its off to maintenance, a fitting snugged up versus looser, blowing oil every where, dragging the hose underneath and tearing out the keepers. A little aggravation some times, but the equipment lasts a lot longer and runs cheaper with less damaged product. Just saying.
The real truth of the matter is that we[men] made them [sometimes] better operators because they needed to prove to us that they are competent,sometimes more so.Nothing sexier than a good looking woman with boots on in a rig.
my ex is a finish dozer hand for a huge mass dirt outfit. she is an incredible operator. also, pretty darn good looking.
Dad hired a gal in 98 to run a TS14B on a dirt job we were doing. She could move some dirt but she had a store bought set that caused alot of trouble with our truckers bringing in gravel and ready mix. Both dispatchers at the gravel and RM lant said they had arguments over who would try to line up on our jobs. She was a pretty good scraper hand and even did alot of labor work. I did havew one complaint every time the old Terex would go down she would either try to comandeer my 762 deere or get on the D6. We were in sugar sand with clay streaks and it was easy to get stuck. I d get hung up and she would run into the back of the scrper. We had another company cutting another bank down with tractors and pans. One guy about my age at the time was up on the cut and staring at her one time let both his ans get off the side of the bank and drag the big tractor down the bank. When I was 21 I was backfill foreman for a company I worked for. I was running a track loader and taking care of all the backfilling and compaction. I had trouble with an older operator trying to backfill too close to the moisture barriers and gettin the loader into the barrier. I had a 19 year old single mother that took a job as a laborer. I showed her how to use the WA250 toolcarrier changing buckets and loading material. By the end of the summer I didnt even have to knock down for her. Also we had less damaged ductile Iron pipe, break downs, te machine was always cleaned and greased. My only problem with women on a job is that when they get ito a disagreement, or if one gets more attention than another its a fight on hand. THey never forget anything.
nice way to lose a finger in the track pad ?
I have seen two. I brought home a mini ex for some work around the place. Showed the wife what to do and couldn't get her off the machine. I just sat and watched while she tore up the yard. The next I got to a site and saw a gal running one of my 433 rollers with skimpy shorts and a bikini top. Apparently she was th contractors wife. Made for a good distraction on site.
Had heard the same thing many years ago. Seems that most, not all, women are better operators of heavy trucks and equipment. Don't seem to have that testosterone, macho thing going on. If, and that's a big one, If I were to hire someone to run my stuff, I'd certainly consider a woman. On a completely different theme: Does anybody know what the job application for Hooters looks like? I'm thinking that the prospective applicant gets handed a bra, "Here you go. Just fill this out for us!"
Guess they had to pad the bra, instead of the bill. I like the elbow test myself. They lock their fingers together aound the back of their neck. With their elbow pointed straight forward have them walk up to a wall. If their eblow touch first they are not hired.
Was that @ CON EX in Vegas?
Just for the record, I'm not insulted by this post. Let's get that clear. However, I must stick up for us "girls" in the industry. I'm a heavy Equipment Operator specializing in excavator, loader and haul trucks (rigid and articulated) as well as a Training Program Coordinator/Developer for one of the biggest companies around these parts and I don't look like a man AT ALL. Infact, I always get asked "YOU do WHAT?" and I get a kick out of it. It makes me laugh. I've never had a run-in with another woman on the job where there was a cat-fight involved, although I know it happens from time to time. In general, us women stick together because there aren't as many of us. Trust me... there are wayyyyyy more fights and disagreements between the guys than there are between us. I can't post a pic, it won't let me, but trust me : WE ARE NOT ALL OLD, CHAIN SMOKING, TRUCKER MOUTHED (ok sometimes), FLAT CHESTED, BUTCH WOMEN! :lmao This is my first post, I've just been lurking for a while. I hope you guys are happy about getting me riled up. haha! E
Recondiseration..... Words of wisdom here guys............ Lets all consider the benefits of capable women. Welcome to the board, nice lady.
No offence to the female operator was intended, and for the record i'm sure most of the men here will agree to there being more then one small penis joke floated at the job.
Welcome to the forum dirt diva.Get your post count up fast so you can post that pic and prove some members wrong.
I could upgrade her membership status in the control panel, but I'm sure the guys would object to such preferential treatment. It wouldn't be right, would it?:cool2 Welcome to HEF, dirt.diva. :drinkup
LOL! Well, I'll certainly stop lurking and become an active member here. I don't know how many posts it takes to gain better access but I'll try and write more . I'm really enjoying reading threads and since it's near impossible to be a total expert on every piece of machinery out there - reading other people's experience and advice has proved helpful. Thanks for the welcome you guys.
Don't do that digger.I,for one love a girl on probation.
There should be more of that on job sites Staff morale and all that MP
welcome,dirt.diva I have worked with some women operators,as a mechanic for them and I always treated them as equal and many times I would talk them up in regards to not tearing up equipment like some "operators". There production was always equal to any on the job site, So you "go girl" thumbs up.. p.s they were not cute in any way so I was not looking for points. lol.
If you think SHE is 'beautiful" you've been living in that cave WAY too long. You must be really hard up.
The average bloke gets a couple of beers down after work and she lets that blonde hair down over a dark mahogany bar just inches away from the end of his nose, well, 'nuff said. It's on.
Her looks don't warrant a comment like that. She looks a lot better than some of those hollywood stars without makeup pictures.
^^^^ exactly. Pluse you could still hold a conversation with her and your head wouldn't explode.
this thread has gone to hell. how would you guys like your wives, sisters or daughters talked about like this? not to mention the female members on site here.
Know what, Q? When you're right, you're right. Time to pull the plug on this one.