hey guys I am new to this board and I am Kurt. I own 3 pieces of equiptment 1 of is this stump grinder. Recently it the hydrolic cylinders started leaking. I have been able to remove 4 of the 5 cylinders. I cannot for the life of me get the last 1 out of the longest cylinder. It sits below under the engine. All have had cotter pins in them that i removed and was able to pound the old out.. Not this 1.. I have welded a nut onto the frame and tried to push it out the other side but ends up bending the 3/4 bolt and then my welds break. I have tried everyway i can think of and have not found anything online to help. thanks kurt
Will the pin turn in the bore? Was it retained with cotter pins like the other cylinders? Is this the pin for the cylinder that raises and lowers cutting boom? There may be a step worn into the pin. My experience with Carlton machines is that they use a replaceable hardened spring bushing in the bores of the frame mounted ears. Try to verify that there is no tension pin retaining the pin in the bore. Heat may be your best bet as the pin may be seized in the bore from rust or galling.