https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-heavy...p_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social I know nothing about logging equipment. But to me that looks like a skidder with a drill rig on the back of it. Anyone have any other ideas? I’m debating on going to take a look at strictly because of the price. Lol I’m sure I could find something to do with it.
Like parting it out for scrap price. You may lose money
It is a skidder with a directional drill attachment. The drill would be worth something if it had the drill stem sections with it.
Do you have an idea what model skidder it would be? If it came down to scrap price I’d like to calculate how much it weighs to see if one could get their money back. That’s what I figured it was on the back. Curious to see what model drill it is and see if there is actual value.
Is it a GM from Dyna Hoe? Has a look of similarity to Dyna Hoe, BIG backhoes.
Its a Clark skidder chassis under the drill. Looks to be a mid 80s. If I had to guess its about a Ranger 666possibly a B series going by the picture. Normally in the USA it would have either a 4-53 Detroit or a V6 Cummins with a Clark powershift. Good machines, tough as nails, over the counter parts, not as fast moving as a like sized JD. Tires would be 5 times what the machine is worth.
thank you. That’s the information I was looking for. If the thing runs and drives and the drill operates it would be a good purchase. Thinking of the things a guy could do with it. Take off the drill and sell it. Pay for the entire thing right there maybe. Then part out the skidder or sell it whole and it would all be profit. And I believe you when you say the values of the tires. I paid $650 for a single used tire for my grader. Now that I know a little information I’m going to pursue it a little bit maybe do some negotiating if it runs or else I’ll need help loading it.
There should be a serial number stamped into the back of the drivers tub or on the frame right below it on the right side as sitting on the machine. It is on the outside of the tub. It should also be on the rear frame member on the same side. If you look front and back from the articulation joint area you should see both stamped in numbers. If they match it is probably original as built. Someone mentioned that it could be a 664. That is possible to. They are near identical with the 664 being a tad smaller and lighter machine. A few years ago I went on the Road Machinery & Supply website and was able to download and print the 600 page set of manuals for my 666 for free. I don't know if that is still possible but worth a check if you find serial numbers. Not sure how you took it but I meant buying tires for it would be 5 times what the machine is worth. I did not mean the tires on it had any value to speak off. They are pretty trashed.
539C-1001-CAC That’s the serial number stamped onto the machine. there is no tags or anything on the drill itself. oh yeah I knew what you meant, large tires are not cheap, I was just saying to buy a used tire for my grader it was $650 just for the tire and it was used.
Clark 668c late 70’s early 80’s. Detroit diesel 6v53 engine, 3 speed Clark power shift transmission, Clark diffs, can’t remember a ballpark weight. Given it’s got doors on the cab it was probably a grapple machine rather than a line/winch machine. Trev
http://www.alliedsystems.com/pdf/Ranger/Operators/R6400.pdf Was able to find this one, and it lists the 539C serial prefix as a Cummins. http://www.tractorparts.com/PDFs/668BSKDRINFO.pdf Also found this document on a B model. Lists the weight at almost 24,500 lbs.
The first photo on the link you posted in the OP that is taken from the front RH side of the machine shows the valve cover of, unless I am severely mistaken, a V6 Detroit Diesel, model indeterminate from the photo.