I have this skytrak 3606 that developed a hydraulic leak into the front axle. Upon disassembly I found the brake positions all leaking. No real surprise there. What surprised me was the missing teeth on the ring gear. Parts seem to readily available but does anybody know where I can get the dummy pinion & diff carrier tools necessary for setting it up? EBay isn't showing any right now. I really don't want to pay the amount jlg or gehl want for these. Does anybody know a suitable work-around for setting pinion depth & backlash without those specific tools?
Take the damaged assembly over to Michigan Truck Parts. They will rebuild it for you.
Have you contacted a JLG dealer? They offer tooling for this type of repair.
yup, I have the tool catalog from JLG and the local said they didnt have a listing for those part numbers. Tried a carraro dealer in ohio and they said they had a listing but no availability. I ended up calling the local Gehl dealership and they tried through Gehl and through Carraro. Carraro couldnt get them but Gehl had them and significantly cheaper than Carraro. Long and short I got the false pinion and false differential carrier If anybody needs to rent them for a few days.