Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where to sell used forklifts

dbcheek1 ยท 2015-04-20 10:30

I inherited 3 forklifts from my father-in-law's business that I'm trying to sell in the Poconos. I've listed on craigslist, but no buyers. Is there a site to price and/or sell used equipment? I don't have a clue how to price these. I saw machinerytrader.com but it looks geared toward dealers. Thanks for any assistance!

Replies7
  1. #1Ronsii2015-04-20 15:37

    Best thing to do is look at places like machinerytrader.com and some of the auction sites like ritchiebrothers.com just to name a couple and see what they have been selling for in your area, after that depending on how much they are worth you can decide on how to sell them: if they're worth enough that someone would buy them and freight them elsewhere then you might think about the bigger sites that sell worldwide or at least in another state. I they aren't worth more than 10K then you might want to stick with the local purveyors of used stuff like craigslist or ebay.local and there are probably a few machinery sellers within 50 miles of you that would do a consignment thing... Around here I see at least a dozen forklifts a week go through craigslist, and that's just the ones I see when I am looking... probably miss a bunch more.

  2. #2lantraxco2015-04-20 18:14

    Ebay

  3. #3Landclearer2015-04-20 20:39

    Try ironplanet. They come out take the pics and you get worldwide advertising. If you do the daily marketplace place, you can leave it on there as long as you want or until you get what you want.

  4. #4Captain Nemo2015-04-25 13:11

    If you sell cheap for cash...as is where is....they will go away on craigslist

  5. #5southernman132015-04-26 08:34

    I buy forklifts tell me what you have [email protected]

  6. #6albertpetersson2015-04-27 01:27

    To get an idea you can visit http://www.gostas.se/ . They provides the facility of trucks and forklift. It might help you I guess.

  7. #7123Forklift2016-06-23 11:06

    You should be able to receive help in selling your forklifts by contacting someone at 123Forklift.com