Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

carraro drain plug 580k

Buddyo ยท 2015-10-29 17:41

Silly question but. Just drove 580k home today and went to drain the transaxel. . Have owners manual and it shows the fitting that you remove to clean the screen and says to drain the fluid by removing the drain plug but do not show where it is.

Replies3
  1. #1Buddyo2015-10-29 17:45

    Ops did not mention it is a phase 3. Drained the engine oil after a 15 mile run home. Been looking for a while, this one was close. Wanted 4x4 but it had some other stuff I liked: 4000hrs, 4in 1 bucket former municipal unit. All glass good and minimal rust. Tight hoe. We shall see.

  2. #2alrman2015-10-29 22:41

    I recall a drain plug on the lower RHS, facing out towards the wheel. Allen keys required to remove. BTW it is not a Carraro transmission - it is a Case transaxle that was used in the red tractors & re engineered for use with construction equipment.

  3. #3Buddyo2015-10-30 07:36

    Ops, does this transaxel have issues? A little late for me to know this but I have to have something to keep me awake at nights. Is it sensitive to correct fluids? What should I get for fluids in this transaxel? Seemed to shift well and was very positive, drove it home 15 miles and did the hills okay had to shift down once one a hill I understand they do not road well. Being a former municipal machine with 4000 hrs I thought it was worth a try; cummins engine runs clean and sounds good. Time will tell.