I have a cat D3 Series 3 its a 6SL SN 2 Steering Clutch Handles 1 Brake Pedal Ill be short and sweet It was being used by a neighbor He said it was "not turning fast enoug, he decieded to adjust the steering himslef (although it could have been brakes) by adjusting the legnth f the rods under floor plate. I got it back, and it would barley steer (had no issues before he got it) So....I decided I was the guy that could fix it. and started changing the same rods trying to get it to steer again.... at this point: 1) I have no idea how long the rods/linkages are supposed to be....would love to get it back to 0 to decide if it actually has a problem. 2) I can get it in a spot where the left side works 3) If I remove brake and steering linkage on the right side completely, the left still works 4) If I then measure all the rods, and make the right side match, hook the right side back up....neither side works, no braking PLEASE HELP! Work to do and rain coming....Ive been at this 2 days
If I were you, go over the brakes, and clutches to reset everything. Adjust the brakes first, then make sure the slave cylinders are set right. You need the movement at the clutch to start as soon as you pull on the leaver. Good luck, sam