Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1150 blade cylinder parts

foursons ยท 2011-07-22 18:52

I have a case 1150 I am working on getting back up to par. As some of you recommended, I was able to get the engine turned over after soaking the cylinders in diesel for a month. She turned over fine when I tried it. Now I'm going to change all the fluids, button up one hydraulic leak and dig into the final drive to see what is loose in there. My current issue is the left side cylilder on the front blade. The body of the cylinder has caps on both ends (I know you know this but I am trying to explain my problem). The cap that the ram slides through is cracked and beyond repair as part of it is missing. I am trying to find a good source for parts for this type of thing. Any ideas? Also, I have a problem with the "starter" switch in front of the drivers seat. When I push down on the switch nothing happened. I traced the wire to the back of the dash panel where it is wired into a small square box. The other side of this box has a wire that goes to the starter. There was corrosion on this box and when I bypassed it the starter switch in front of the seat works fine. Any ideas where to get electrical parts like this? I am looking preferrably for something online as I live in Alaska and my options are limited locally. Now for the last question I have today. I can not figure out what model of 1150 I have. I have no problem admittiing my ingorance, but I would like to learn. If your asking me what I am doing working on a dozer when I can not even figure out the model I want to learn how to work on them and figured the best way to do that was to find one for a song and work away on it. Thanks a ton for the help.

Replies4
  1. #1Iron@Dirt2011-07-22 20:48

    I appreciate your zeal. Dont let anybody tell you cant do it.

  2. #2sheepfoot2011-07-23 00:34

    well foursons, you have a straight 1150 dozer with a power/angle/tilt. The s/n are prior to 7109000, then7108999-7110300,then 7110300-7110539, and 7300001 and after, the 1150B crawler had a make over and set the new look for the 1150 series. the S/N was left hand side sitting in the seat walk threw area, first units S/N engine between injection pump and fan area, starting with the next machine S/N 7108999 and after the engine S/N is on the rear of the engine block rh side. The angle cylinder gland could be machined or found in a equipment salvage yard, there are sites listed with 1150 parts on hand, or type in casece and go to the parts online section, click on parts and type in 1150 it will also show you the three 1150 machines and your part books.

  3. #3foursons2011-07-23 13:05

    Been told a few times in life that I was not capable of doing things. All the more reason to do it. I think someone overseas once said that the 13 colonies could not make it on their own. Well I have the red white and blue flying outside off the front of my barn right now to show different. Thanks

  4. #4Volvomad2011-07-27 19:56

    Hi Foursons ,the small electric box,you never said how small but 1150B fuses are sealed black rectangle units maybe 1/2 X 3/4X1/8 inches.