Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 1150 serial numbers? 6 or 7 digit? or both?

taggmann ยท 2011-05-16 10:03

bought a case 1150 basket case , ser no on the drivers side operator platform is 300968... on casece.com I am finding 7 digit starting with 7 in the online parts manual. and on e-bax manuals all have a 7 digit number?? it has no series letter just, torque converter and 1150 decals. D1150 on the model,ser. tag. probably a late 60's or early 70's machine. does anybody know how or where to decode the serial? Thanks!

Replies8
  1. #1alrman2011-05-16 17:31

    Sorry taggmann, waaaay before my time, & any info that I have at hand. Have you tried asking a Case dealer? You could try posting on antique tractors or yesterdays tractors as well......

  2. #2taggmann2011-05-16 22:46

    Well I have hat in hand. I had to take a hauler with a large rollback up to look over the situation on moving the disabled machine so while I was there I re-checked the ser no.. I almost needed a magnifying glass but I could make out a 7 so the serial is a 7 digit. 7300968. Sorry for the goose chase. Taggmann

  3. #3mx_5992015-08-25 20:06

    did you ever decode the serial number? I am running into same problem with almost same vintage machine. mine is 7106917

  4. #4alrman2015-08-25 20:54

    Should be 1965.

  5. #5mx_5992015-08-25 22:52

    Thank you very much! Just as I was being notified of this reply, I think I found the same info at a J.I. Case site. I believe it is 1965 as well. Do you know anything about these? Is one in good condition a good machine to have? Were there major problems?

  6. #6alrman2015-08-26 07:28

    This model a little before my time. No real major problems as a rule. Suspension would deserve a close look. Most older machines end up being all welded up at the pivot pins. Generally you would look at things that wear on most dozers - tracks, blade pivot points, Transmissions were very good, anything this old is always a gamble.....

  7. #7mx_5992015-08-26 11:04

    okay, thanks

  8. #8mx_5992015-08-26 18:16

    When you say suspension, are these suspended more so than a Dozer? I am new to construction equipment. I currently own a 1982 Case 850C dozer for which to base my only similar comparison to this 1150 crawler loader. thanks