Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 1150 will not move

Toybox2510 ยท 2017-06-11 16:50

like so many others I have come into a case 1150 that is in need of repair. I have the manuals ordered just not here yet and am impatient. So thought maybe I could get a head start. It has been sitting for years and was sat up due to it not moving anymore. Not all at once but slowly came to the point hat it would not move. That's about the limit of history I have. There is 300 psi convertor pressure. There is a tank under the seat with a pipe cap for filling and a dipstick. Fluid does not show on stick. I am not sure if this tank being low would cause it not to move. That is the main question I have. Not sure which tank the convertor is fed from. I have to get back down to the machine with fluid to see if that works. It will be a bit before I can get back down there. Thank you

Replies11
  1. #1DMiller2017-06-11 17:37

    Trans/final fluids have to be full, if was run long enough with the fluid too low could have cooked the clutch packs.

  2. #2Toybox25102017-06-12 10:28

    I get it that it has to be full I just didn't have the time to fill it on that trip. I will definitely get it filled before running any more. Is it possible for it to be low enough that it doesn't move and still have 300 psi convertor pressure though? Thank you for the information. How big of deal are the clutch packs if they are cooked?

  3. #3DMiller2017-06-12 12:05

    You need to await those manuals, easier to read up on.

  4. #4Toybox25102017-06-13 08:06

    Yea I know just impatient I guess. Just around here thinking of things that could be wrong trying to plan out my next trip and what I need to be prepared to do when I get back down. It's 5 hrs away. That's the frustrating part

  5. #5DMiller2017-06-13 11:32

    Patience, will all come in time. And if it is clutches out will not make that much difference, if just low oil all the better. If is low oil start by checking the leaks out.

  6. #6Toybox25102017-06-28 11:34

    Got back down to the 1150 this morning. Hydraulic cylinders are a mess but not messing with those till I get it moving good. Filled up the transmission tank under the seat and it will move. Moves good for about 50-75 yds then slows down and smoke comes rolling from under the seat and smells like clutches burning. Any ideas on what is going on. Thank you

  7. #7JS3002017-06-28 17:00

    Is it a straight 1150 or have a letter? "1150 C or D"?

  8. #8Toybox25102017-06-28 18:17

    It is a straight 1150. No letters. 7108359 is serial number.

  9. #9AU.CASE2017-06-28 19:36

    Just a basic search showed that serial around 1967 production at http://www.jicasecollector.com/case-built-crawlers.html Picture?

  10. #10Toybox25102017-06-30 09:03

    Ok I believe the brakes are dragging. As it gets hotter they expand and slowly stop it. It takes about half throttle to untrack when cold. Not sure if this is proper or not as this is my first dozer. I took one of the friction discs out of each side went to start it and now the starter is bad. So getting a starter and a couple blade cylinders fixed and will be back in a few wks to see what happens.

  11. #11DMiller2017-06-30 09:14

    Before you get too advanced on the brakes. Check to see if has hydraulic oil or brake fluid in the brake system, if brake fluid it will have to have the system drained resealed and refilled as brake fluid is incorrect, also check the linkages for the parking brake system as could be bound up.