I have an 1150b loader. The right track will not work in low range. Everything else works including the brakes. When I pull the the lever it feels different. Kinda spongy. I've checked the linkage. The linkage is moves just as far a left side does. Any ideas?
The spongy feel could be the detent spring for that spool in the control valve or a little bit of the control valve gasket that has come apart and made it's way in the spool area in the bore. First check that it is going into full detent when you move the lever, three detents, neutral detent, forward detent, back detent. The trans shift pattern is low range 1st and 3rd gear, high range 2nd and 4th. Is it 1st or 3rd gear or both not working in low range on the rt hand track. You are going to need to check the pressure on the line coming from the control valve to the clutch shaft end cap, dead head pressure, if it has pressure 270-320 psi it will rule out the control valve gasket. Next you have to remove the end cap for that clutch pack shaft and check the seal rings for wear or damage, if seal rings and cap bore good you may have a cracked clutch shaft, blown clutch pack piston seals, worn disc/plates in the clutch pack. Need to know if it's 1st or 3rd in the low range not pulling on the rt side. I think you are in 1st gear low range since you said your pulling back but just want to be sure before I say anything else.
Thanks for the reply Sheepfoot. The right track will not pull in either first or third. Second and forth work fine. The shifter feels good going into high range (right track). I believe the spool is moving to the correct low track position (matches left clutch spool). When you pull the lever for low track it requires more force it's kinda rubbery-spongy feeling, then it pops in.