Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

973

pasinead1991 ยท 2015-02-10 13:42

Hi everyone my 973 has been getting very slow with the bucket functions up and it will not tilt the bucket up now well serviced oil and filters regulary where can I check pressures thanks.

Replies10
  1. #1rmllarue912015-02-10 22:28

    Most likely the implement pump is wore. have you changed the return filters in the tank and was there any debris in them? Should be ports to take pressure right at pump. Pump is driven off of right side bell housing. If there is no metal in return filters could be relief valves in main valve bank on top of fuel tank. Please post serial number. Also could be a pilot pressure issue. Give some feed back so we can steer you the right way

  2. #2pasinead19912015-02-11 00:47

    Serial number is 32z00495

  3. #3pasinead19912015-02-11 00:53

    Serial number is 32z00495 no metal in filters the pressure relief valve looks like it has a metal oil line coming from the top I don't think its adjustable and there isn't much room to remove it from the valve body it only has an inch or so of room above it. I'm pulling pump to see how it looks it's easier to pull the pump the. The valve body. Also I don't see a charge pump for the bucket functions

  4. #4pasinead19912015-02-11 00:56

    Thank you for your response.

  5. #5Bob/Ont2015-02-11 11:09

    You haven't had the cab tilted up lately have you? The pilot control lines run up the RH side and can get crushed when lowering. Later Bob

  6. #6pasinead19912015-02-11 16:00

    Hi Bob no cab wasn't up but this problem has been getting worse over the last year and now when it heats up to operating temp it almost won't lift the bucket and won't tilt bucket I will be back there tomorrow and will remove the pump and open it to see how it looks. It's the relieve valve I was wondering about.

  7. #7pasinead19912015-02-11 16:06

    Would you have a schamatic of the hydraulic circuit for the bucket controls.

  8. #8pasinead19912015-02-11 16:09

    Where does the pilot signal come from I don't see a pilot pump thanks

  9. #9overworked2015-02-12 21:21

    The pilot pump is mounted opposite the implement pump.

  10. #10pasinead19912015-02-12 22:05

    Thanks