Hi , I have a case 1150b with a worn suspension, I'm told people have added steel blocks and welded the suspension on this model due to common problems and cost to repair. Does anyone know how to do this? Thank you
I have never done anything like that but I would think that if you put the dozer on level surface and power down on the blade to level the chassis and watch where slack is then you could weld where the pins go into the linkage plates and pivot points.
Hi , thank you for replying to my post , you definitely have the right idea , this post from sheepfoot member says to weld in steel blocks . I sent him a message the other day with no response . Do you know any other members experienced with older case dozers that might be familiar with this procedure?Thank you again for your help. Dan. QUOTE="sheepfoot, post: 420413, member: 4334"]Well the 1150B used the 451 case engine, around 105 hp. It was not old school as far as the trans, case was one of the few that could counter rotate, and do a power turn, other than a hydrostat machine which was very rare in that time. The issues with the 1150/1150B was the track frame and the cost to repair the torsion bar and lever equalizer which when worn out allowed the nose to drop and frames to walk outward. A lot of the frames were welded up with steel blocks to level them in the area around the equalizer leveler links when they stripped out. Case changed that with the C/D/E model and went to a equalizer beam like most other dozer makers. The 1150's have done a lot of work for many owners, the controls are easy to use and take a little getting use to, most will never use the brakes. I would try to go to a C model or newer but if the machine checks out (get a wrench to check it out with you) check fluid levels and a run for a hour, watch trans pressure gauge and tq converter temp, engine oil, water temp. Low pressures and high temps mean trouble.[/QUOTE]
Hi , thank you for responding to my post . I have posted above what my research so far has found . Do you know any other members with older case dozer experience that might know about the case 1150b problems and repair experience? Thank you Dan
I don’t know any other members that have done this. I used to work for Case dealers when the 1150B was still prominent, of course we repaired with correct parts.
Thank you again , all the suspension parts are discontinued. I spoke with a man at brokentractor . He said to level the tractor and weld the suspension, this is the only option on this make and model. The suspension on the 1150B was very badly designed . Thank you again for your help and responses. Dan
The only other option is to remove the bushings and see if there are manufacturer numbers and see if you can find them that way. But welding it up is going to be you best bet.