Hey guys, my buddy was running my 650h and the masterlink came apart and somehow the sprocket chipped off a tooth. Three of the four threaded holes in one half of the link are stripped and one bolt broke off in the other hole. From what I've gathered the best course of action is welding the two halves together. But if its possible I would like to remove the bottom half of the link with the threaded holes and replace it, but I have no experience removing the pin from the link. My service manual skips right to removing links with a table press off the dozer. I'm looking for suggestions on how to remove the pin from the link on the dozer so I can just replace it. I've attached 2 pics, taken from both ends of the pin/bushing, I'm not sure what to press on or how. thanks
One way of fixing those is to rethread the hole with the next size. If it's a metric size then go to an imperial thread and vice versa. Socket head ( allenhead) bolts can be used as they are the same grade
If you still want to replace the link - if you can buy a new one - you will need a 100T field track press to push the pin out. You will need to make some calls around to see if anyone has one - that can come to your location & do the job for you. That will likely cost you maybe $400-$500+ depending on where they come from. Cheapest way is to remove the track from the machine & take it to a shop that has a track press.
It may be a bit of a trip but if you take the track to Heavyquip down in Mem. TN they can replace the link and sell you a new sprocket also. Their ph# is (901)396-7071 I don't know where in western KY you are but there's one option.